How to connect exte...

Notifications
Clear all

How to connect external microphone with raspberry pi?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@gokul)
Topic starter  

Does the raspberry pi take USB or Mic on 3.1 jack? Is there any way to connect the external microphone with raspberry pi to work.

Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Posted by: Gokul

Does the raspberry pi take USB or Mic on 3.1 jack? Is there any way to connect the external microphone with raspberry pi to work.

Hi Gokul,

Raspberry Pi not come with the option to connect a microphone. You have two options:

1.- Buy one microphone and connect the cables to our Compatible Arduino Qboard.

2.- Buy a compatible audio board for Rpi3 that includes Speaker & Microphone option. There a lot into the market.

ReplyQuote
(@gokul)
Topic starter  

Hi Team Qbo,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to connect the usb microphone with the raspberry pi, I changed "convertQBO" in audacity to receive the sound. I was also able to here the sound by changing the speaker to my usb speaker. Then how can I change the to the usb mic input as Q.bo's voice input? Which file need to change?

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Hi Team Qbo,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to connect the usb microphone with the raspberry pi, I changed "convertQBO" in audacity to receive the sound. I was also able to here the sound by changing the speaker to my usb speaker. Then how can I change the to the usb mic input as Q.bo's voice input? Which file need to change?

You are welcome. Please, locate this command:

"HeadServo..SendCmdQBO(Command(self. SET_ADC_REF , reference)"

ReplyQuote
(@gokul)
Topic starter  

Hi Team,

Unfortunately I was not able to locate the command. It will be grate if you could tell me the file name.

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Hi Team,

Unfortunately I was not able to locate the command. It will be grate if you could tell me the file name.

Hi Gokul,

you can find all about Mics in QBO_PiFace.py

Remember!, this file requires PyAudio because it uses the Microphone class.

ReplyQuote
(@dunnpenny)

What are you planning on using a microphone for?
The piezo element in your first link is generally used as a speaker or noise buzzer/ tone generator. However It is possible to use the piezo as a sensor to detect noises such as knocking or banging (drum pad ) etc. In either case the piezo would require external circuits. The noise sensor would need an Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) to make it work.

ReplyQuote
(@vianne)

Hi Gocul, whould you mind elaborating on how you changed the speaker? I also need to do this but I can't get it to work!

Thanks in advance!

ReplyQuote
(@pyaar)

i actually was gnna post this question thankyou guys!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: