Clear all

Changing to Raspberry Pi Model B+

5 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  

Would i be possible to swap the Raspberry Pi in the preassembled units to a Raspberry Pi Model B+? Any speed increase can be considered useful I guess. Do we need to tweak OpenQbo?

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium
Email christian.buysschaert@gmail.com

Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Posted by: chrisbuy

Would i be possible to swap the Raspberry Pi in the preassembled units to a Raspberry Pi Model B+? Any speed increase can be considered useful I guess. Do we need to tweak OpenQbo?

Hi Chris,

absolutely! but we checked months ago and the increase speed is not significant. Another forum user is trying to use a Jetson Board. Jetson Board is more powerful than a Rpi3. Please let us know if you consider finally to change the Rpi3 model.

ReplyQuote
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  

I switched to a Raspberry Pi Model B+ quite easily. Everything seems to run smoothly and successfully (although I admit I am stll fairly new to the Q.bo world and still trying out all functionality and unsure what to expect).

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium
Email christian.buysschaert@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
(@aklabat)

Hi Chris,

great update. What are the benefits you expect from using the B+ model with Qbo?

ReplyQuote
Niko
 Niko
(@niko)
Eminent Member

Posted by: aklabat

Hi Chris,

great update. What are the benefits you expect from using the B+ model with Qbo?

Is very easy to upgrade from Model B to B+ with an improvement in performance of, approximately, 33% ( not so bad ).

Niko

ReplyQuote
Share: