Clear all

Changing to Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

11 Posts
6 Users
15 Likes
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  

Anyone busy with that? I had a small issue with my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B in A.bo when soldering so I 'have' to replace the Raspberry Pi. Why not upgrade at the same place? The form factor remains the same, the GPIO remains the same, the Raspian OS remains the same (although slightly newer) and the price of the Raspberry Pi remains with reasonable limits (40 - 60 EURO)!

Feel free to contact me to exchange ideas but expect more info from me when I finally receive (end of July 2019) my Raspberry Pi 4 Model B... 

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium
Email christian.buysschaert@gmail.com

Niko
 Niko
(@niko)
Eminent Member

Posted by: chrisbuy

Anyone busy with that? I had a small issue with my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B in A.bo when soldering so I 'have' to replace the Raspberry Pi. Why not upgrade at the same place? The form factor remains the same, the GPIO remains the same, the Raspian OS remains the same (although slightly newer) and the price of the Raspberry Pi remains with reasonable limits (40 - 60 EURO)!

Feel free to contact me to exchange ideas but expect more info from me when I finally receive (end of July 2019) my Raspberry Pi 4 Model B... 

Hi Chris,

yes, i am trying to configure Rpi4 ( i have one ;) with Q.bo. I had some issues with Raspbian but the rest works fine. Feel free contact me if you need more info about it.

ReplyQuote
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  

Very lucky you got already to the Rapberry Pi 4... I took the 4GB model but obvious weeks delay... :-(

Good to hear it works... Okay, I suspect Raspian will be the challenge... Thanks!

This post was modified 5 years ago by chrisbuy

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium

ReplyQuote
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: Niko
Posted by: chrisbuy

Hi Chris,

yes, i am trying to configure Rpi4 ( i have one ;) with Q.bo. I had some issues with Raspbian but the rest works fine. Feel free contact me if you need more info about it.

Okay, I've got hold of Raspberry Pi 4. 

But only the WiFiSearchQR.sh and the Django website on 8000 works! 

I got by the libttspico-utils issue not being available anymore by default with Raspian Buster but I get no audio.

"aplay -l" gives me...

* List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices *
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 7/7
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

And only "aplay -D hw:0,0 /opt/qbo/sounds/blip_0.wav works via the audiojack. hw:1,0 does not exist while the driver seemed to load.

How did you get sound working? 

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by chrisbuy

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium

ReplyQuote
(@mrgrymreaper)

I certainly would like to see it working fully with Raspberry Pi 4B. That device is a real beast - much more onboard memory faster processor and much more. Not to mention better connectivity compared to Raspberry Pi 3.

ReplyQuote
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  

I've managed to get a basic Q.bo setup (Dialogflow) to run on a Raspberry Pi 4B, Raspbian Buster, Python 3.7 and OpenCV 4.1.1... BUT NO AUDIO (MIC/SPEAKER) YET! :-( I CAN'T GET THE DRIVER WORKING ALTHOUGH I REPLACED IT WITH AN UPDATED DRIVER. I AM ASSUMING A CURRENT KERNEL ISSUE WITH RASPBIAN BUSTER.

1. Replace the existing Raspberry Pi with Raspberry Pi Model 4B
  2. Install a basic Raspbian Buster with SSH access
  3. Download the attached QBO_Installer_pi4_10.sh
  4. Make it executable and run 'sudo QBO_Installer_pi4_10.sh
  5. Answer the typical questions but primarily WAIT. It takes a few hours!
  6. Edit /opt/qbo/PiFaceFast.py and comment out any line with StartHotWordListener or StopHotWordListener

This post was modified 5 years ago 6 times by chrisbuy

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Posted by: @chrisbuy

I've managed to get a basic Q.bo setup (Dialogflow) to run on a Raspberry Pi 4B, Raspbian Buster, Python 3.7 and OpenCV 4.1.1... BUT NO AUDIO (MIC/SPEAKER) YET! :-( I CAN'T GET THE DRIVER WORKING ALTHOUGH I REPLACED IT WITH AN UPDATED DRIVER. I AM ASSUMING A CURRENT KERNEL ISSUE WITH RASPBIAN BUSTER.

1. Replace the existing Raspberry Pi with Raspberry Pi Model 4B
  2. Install a basic Raspbian Buster with SSH access
  3. Download the attached QBO_Installer_pi4_10.sh
  4. Make it executable and run 'sudo QBO_Installer_pi4_10.sh
  5. Answer the typical questions but primarily WAIT. It takes a few hours!
  6. Edit /opt/qbo/PiFaceFast.py and comment out any line with StartHotWordListener or StopHotWordListener

Hi Chris,

As you know, the Raspberry Pi is equipped with one SPI bus that has 2 chip selects.

You can find all the "official" information here:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/spi/README.md

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard81)
Eminent Member

My qbo has been sitting on the shelf while I've been busy with other stuff.  I will be ordering the  Raspberry Pi 4B tonight.  

Has anyone found the Scratch v3 version more useful?

ReplyQuote
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  

I am picking this again up. Has anyone succeeded in getting the Raspberry Pi 4B working with Qbo? Please contact me or reply... I am at a loss! 

Much, much appreciated! It would be my best Christmas gift... ;-)

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium

ReplyQuote
(@romeo)

Hi Chris, if I'm not mistaken, on July 28, 2019, you did an amazon review for Qbo, in which you said you installed the raspy pi4 Model B, did you progress in the compatibility test? Qbo works with pi4? Thanks for the reply.

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

@romeo Hi Romeo,

what problem did you have to use Rpi4 with Q.bo One?.

ReplyQuote
Share: