Notifications
Clear all

Correct wiring?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@frankg)
Topic starter  

I have a new Q.bo One, and some functions are not working.  Specifically, sound input seems broken.  Can you please document the color coding of the wires vs the connection on the Q.board, or point me to the correct document?  Right now I see a yellow wire connected to 0V, black wire to IN, and red wire to Ex.  I would generally expect black to indicate 0V by convention, but I don't want to make changes until I know what is what.

Thanks.

Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Posted by: @frankg

I have a new Q.bo One, and some functions are not working.  Specifically, sound input seems broken.  Can you please document the color coding of the wires vs the connection on the Q.board, or point me to the correct document?  Right now I see a yellow wire connected to 0V, black wire to IN, and red wire to Ex.  I would generally expect black to indicate 0V by convention, but I don't want to make changes until I know what is what.

Thanks.

Hi Frank,

Please see attached the wires diagram. You can test the Q.bo microphone using "arecord".

Warm regards,

the theCorpora team

ReplyQuote
(@frankg)
Topic starter  

Ok, my wiring looks correct, and arecord proves that the microphone gets sound (with some noise).  However, none of the test code responds to any voice at all.  The sample scratch for example, if I say "hello" there is no response.  I tried loud and not so loud.  I tried close to the microphone.  Interactive mode does not respond.  Do I need to start with "hi QBO"? How do I troubleshoot this?

ReplyQuote
(@frankg)
Topic starter  

UPDATE: it was just firewall rules.  google voice was being blocked since it was using an unexpected port

ReplyQuote
(@romeo)

https://www.amazon.com/ROBOTICS-EDUCATION-CODING-English-version/dp/B0BRMT29KC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3HLX2FOV83UZV&keywords=qbo+coding+for+stem&qid=1679435736&s=books&sprefix=qbo+coding+for+stem%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C195&sr=1-1

I advise you to read my textbook to implement Q.BO STEM or Q.BO One at the latest version, with which you can also make it play with chat-gpt.

ReplyQuote
Share: