Notifications
Clear all

Problems with new Q.bo One

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@frankg)
Topic starter  

Hello.  I have set up a new Q.bo One.  I was unable to get it to respond to the qr code in any way, but on connecting a monitor, keyboard and mouse, I was able to set up wi-fi manually.  I ran the set up utility and put the device in scratch mode, and observe the following:

• left and right touch sensors work
  • audio output works
  • movement up, down, left, right all work
  • green and blue nose settings work
  • mouth smile works
  • red nose setting does not work -- it goes to black
  • there seems to be no recognition of any sound, and no recognition of any camera input
  • I tried different lighting, etc

Is there any basic hardware troubleshooting utility where I can see / test the raw camera input?  See / record / test the microphone input?

There may have been some rough handling in shipping.  The carton was a little crushed on the bottom.  The external case was not perfectly seated when the unit arrived. I opened the base, but I have not yet tried opening the "head" of the unit.  I can do so with your guidance to check wires, etc., but I am wondering if there is a software test suite I can use before that?

Thanks,

Frank

(@frankg)
Topic starter  

In case anyone else has similar problems -- test video with the "cheese" app, and test sound with arecord.

So at this point I confirm that I can input video and audio.  The red nose LED still will not light.  Voice recognition isn't responding at all, but I am working on it.

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Posted by: @frankg

In case anyone else has similar problems -- test video with the "cheese" app, and test sound with arecord.

So at this point I confirm that I can input video and audio.  The red nose LED still will not light.  Voice recognition isn't responding at all, but I am working on it.

Hi Frank!

When the robot tracks your face, it will give out a green blimp on its nose. Then the nose will turn blue. Only when it is blue, it is ready to listen to you. Red light is OFF everytime.

Please note: The lighting conditions must be right and it can only answer specific questions under small talk in interactive mode.

The Thecorpora Team

ReplyQuote
(@frankg)
Topic starter  

@qborobot @nonogrub  that is not what I mean.  I tested the colors explicitly with sketch.  Green works fine.  Blue works fine.  Red does nothing.  The LED seems to be wired incorrectly.  Please advise.

This post was modified 4 years ago by FrankG

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Posted by: @frankg

@qborobot @nonogrub  that is not what I mean.  I tested the colors explicitly with sketch.  Green works fine.  Blue works fine.  Red does nothing.  The LED seems to be wired incorrectly.  Please advise.

Hi Frankg. Red Led light is wired correctly but we dont use for nothing yet. If you remove the plastic face you could see that works fine.

ReplyQuote
Share: