Notifications
Clear all

Volume too low

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@malevolent)
Topic starter  

Just installed OpenQbov3 and I've set up mycroft and everything seems to work so far.

The main problem is volume is too low, I need to be very close to Qbo to barely hear it.

alsamixer is showing volume at 100%, so it shows the volume desktop applet. I also said mycroft to set volume to max, but I can barely hear the welcome message when Qbo starts, so it's not mycroft related.

When I tried Qbo last time, I could hear it properly, so I don't know if I have some hardware problem like a wire disconnected or a dead speaker (I moved to a new flat last year and perhaps something happened with the little robot on the move)

On a first sight, I see all the wires connected, so anyone has any idea why I hear it so low?

Niko
 Niko
(@niko)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @malevolent

Just installed OpenQbov3 and I've set up mycroft and everything seems to work so far.

The main problem is volume is too low, I need to be very close to Qbo to barely hear it.

alsamixer is showing volume at 100%, so it shows the volume desktop applet. I also said mycroft to set volume to max, but I can barely hear the welcome message when Qbo starts, so it's not mycroft related.

When I tried Qbo last time, I could hear it properly, so I don't know if I have some hardware problem like a wire disconnected or a dead speaker (I moved to a new flat last year and perhaps something happened with the little robot on the move)

On a first sight, I see all the wires connected, so anyone has any idea why I hear it so low?

Hi @malevolent

good to see a new forum for Mycroft. I have installed the old Mycroft version on my Q.bo and all works fine. Im very busy right now but I can't wait to install the new version and features of Mycroft on my Q.bo. Have you updated to the new Mycroft versions?. 

About the speaker, one week ago I ordered an amplifier for my robot and now I can hear Q.bo screaming me ;)

You can find the amplifier into the Store: http://thecorpora.com/store/Q-bo-Sound-Amplifier-p255193090

Well keep in touch... 

ReplyQuote
Share: