[Sticky] New Q.bo Robot is COMING SOON! NOV, 25th Updated

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Come what may, rain or shine our team continued our work with Q.bo Robot, developing and upgrading the product for better user experience with more features. 

We will be unveiling a new look for Q.bo with additions such as "touch screen", new user interface and operating system.  All these will bring about a brand-new experience interacting with the robot.  We want to update this thread to show the progress of our work.  Certainly, you can follow us by subscribing through the main page to receive all our updates promptly. 

It is well known that the inclusion of a touch screen on a robot will improve user experience exponentially, enhancing human to robot interactivity.  We are going to commit the next few posts to show the sequence of steps where we integrate an "Original" raspberry pi touch screen to our beloved Q.bo One robot.  These increments will form the foundation of our third-generation robot which will be launched in a crowdfunding campaign in the near future.  We will love to have your feedback and opinion so that can continue to make improvements to the Q.bo project while accommodating with best effort to your suggestions.

The first thing that is obvious to all is that the touch screen going to be placed at the front of the robot.  This design allows the robot to continue to maintain eye contact while display relevant information to the user.  We have made a new mold to accommodate the touch screen at the front of the robot and adapt the design of the front panel in such a way that all necessary wiring is anchored. 
UPDATED NOV,18th

SolidWorks in ACTION!!!!

UPDATED NOV, 25th

First support for Q.bo Touch version ended...

To be continued...
This topic was modified 4 years ago 6 times by Qbo Robot
This topic was modified 3 years ago 4 times by Qbo Robot

Niko
 Niko
(@niko)
Eminent Member

Dear theCorpora team,

I am very very excited 😀  to know that there will be new add-ons to the Qbo robot.
As a user of the second generation of the Qbo robot, will I be able to use all the new features such as the touch screen?

Awaiting your news...

Niko

ReplyQuote
(@see-tho)

@niko Absolutely, the add on is a small modification (or upgrade) to your existing robot which will improve interactivity significantly.  We hoping to add more applications as well, providing users like yourself wider opportunities to learn and play with your robot.

Do stay tune as we provide more updates in the coming months.

ReplyQuote
(@romeo)

I am happy that we could finally have this new version of Q.bo shortly and I can't wait to make the changes. I ask if you also have the possibility to use Ros2 for this new version.

ReplyQuote
Niko
 Niko
(@niko)
Eminent Member

Very excited with the updates...The new Q.bo version has some approximate release date? Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@see-tho)

@romeo Hi Romeo, please excuse the late reply and we can see that your discussion on this subject is robust in the forum. 

ReplyQuote
(@see-tho)

@niko Hi Niko, surely it will be in 2021.  However, as we have a number of things to include, it will take us some time to roll out on crowdfunding.  Hopefully, it will be some time middle of the year in 2021.

ReplyQuote
 Rob
(@rob)

This looks great, sadly my QBo still is not functioning :( when i have some time i am going to attempt to get him going again, my son is always wanting him on lol

ReplyQuote
(@romeo)

https://www.amazon.com/ROBOTICS-EDUCATION-CODING-English-version/dp/B0BRMT29KC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3HLX2FOV83UZV&keywords=qbo+coding+for+stem&qid=1679435736&s=books&sprefix=qbo+coding+for+stem%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C195&sr=1-1

I advise you to read my textbook to implement Q.BO STEM or Q.BO One at the latest version, with which you can also make it play with chat-gpt.

ReplyQuote
Share: