7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ecoresjr)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

Spoiler
Our Q.bo STEM

In October we received and started using Q.bo STEM, the new Q.bo one that comes with a tablet.

I was doing several tests, and tried to configure google diagflow and scratch mode without success. Then I started to try scripts published by the community here in the forum, one to see what Q.bo sees on the webcam and recognize faces (this one), and another one that should track faces (this one). The first script worked without problems, but when I tried the second one and I couldn't get it to work and the first one stopped working too.

At this point I thought it would be better to do a fresh installation. So I followed the fresh install guide in the README of https://gitlab.com/thecorpora/QBO . First problem was when installing the most recent Raspbian version the screen of Q.bo remained black and nothing happened. So I tried to install an older version of Raspbian and this time it worked, but when running QBO_Installer.sh it always stops working when this line appears in console "Running setup.py bdist_wheel for grpcio ... ", ram usage goes to 100% and the system frozes.

Hope someone can help me to get it working.

Best regards,

Enrique.

Niko
 Niko
(@niko)
Eminent Member

Hi Enrique,

i installed OpenQbo a lot of times from the Gitlab repositories and never had problems before. Please, can you tried to check if the SD card is working properly?. If not, I think you can contact with Thecorpora in order to download the latest version via website.

I hope this can help you!!.. Im waiting

You are a lucky man with the touch screen on Q.bo :) I am waiting for mine.

ReplyQuote
(@kasper)

Hi Enrique,

We have also received our QBO with touch screen a few months ago. Like you we could also not get Dialogflow to work. In addition the Wifi QR code recognition code and the Scratch demo also did not work properly. Maybe standard installation should be upgraded?

The webcam face recognition and tracking scripts that you mentioned did however work fine on our new QBO.

If I am not mistaken the head of the QBO has 2 cameras. It seems however that only one of those cameras is working.

When I open a ssh connection to the Q.bo and call ‘ls /dev/video*’ it only shows /dev/video0. Also ‘/sys/class/video4linux/’ contains only one device (video0).

Could the second camera be broken? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers,

Kasper

ReplyQuote
(@ecoresjr)
Topic starter  

@niko I think the SD is fine, but I tried a new one just in case and the same thing happens. I've already tried to contact TheCorpora and they suggested me to post my problems here. I hope someone from the team will reach to help me.

@kasper It was the same for me, only right eye camera was working. Are you sure that there's a camera in the left eye?

Which raspbian version are you using?

Cheers,

Enrique

ReplyQuote
(@kasper)

@ecoresjr I am using the sd card as it was delivered with the robot. It has Raspbian Stretch pre-installed.

It seems that my QBO has more issues:

When I try the PiCmd.py and PiCmdLine.py scripts, the mouth and the nose (except for the color red) seem to work fine. The servo command does however only work once. It can move the head in once. If I then want to move it back, I have to reboot the Pi.

In addition the touch sensors only respond in about 1 out of 10 times that I touch the head.

ReplyQuote
Niko
 Niko
(@niko)
Eminent Member

@kasper & @ecoresjr just sent an email to Thecorpora in order to provide a link to download openqbov2 & openqbov3 distros in order you can test all your issues from fresh distros. I know another users are using more newer Raspbian distros, you can check in another threads!. 

ReplyQuote
(@romeo)

https://www.amazon.com/ROBOTICS-EDUCATION-CODING-English-version/dp/B0BRMT29KC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3HLX2FOV83UZV&keywords=qbo+coding+for+stem&qid=1679435736&s=books&sprefix=qbo+coding+for+stem%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C195&sr=1-1

I advise you to read my textbook to implement Q.BO STEM or Q.BO One at the latest version, with which you can also make it play with chat-gpt.

ReplyQuote
Share: