Notifications
Clear all

eSpeak issue

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)

Hi, me again, I have an issue with espeak in setting a new language. I asked already and you told me the command "espeak -vit" works fine for you.
On my q.bo when writing that command, first thing is that the cursor goes the line below the command and it stayed there for many minutes. If I click again on return, I get this error message:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ espeak -vit
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'defaults.bluealsa.device'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4996:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bluealsa
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'defaults.bluealsa.device'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4996:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bluealsa
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock

Thanks a lot for your support!

Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Hi Giancarlo,
the Alsa errors are fine dont worry, this is because is trying to connect with the Rpi3 Sound Card instead our Q.board sound Card.
This is an example of eSpeak command. If you want to use Qbo in Italian you need to change the language into the Qbotalk.py file ( pico2wave).
speak = "espeak -ven+f3 "" + text_to_speech + "" --stdout | aplay -D convertQBO"
The Thecorpora Team

ReplyQuote
Share: