Notifications
Clear all

Q.bo "locking up"

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@sbondi)
Topic starter  

Using a V1 agent, Q.bo seemed to sporadically be unresponsive after a while.  Not sure why.  Maybe it is related to a internet connectivity issue, but I do have very high speed Wi-Fi confirmed throughout the house with a Google Wi-Fi mesh.  But I thought this, since frequently there is a decently long silence before he replies :(

Note that he seems to work fine (or at least the same way he does with V1) with my V2 agent, but if I turn on the "Small Talk" feature, he consistently "locks up" after the first query/response.

I turned off this feature (it is not high value), but I wondered if anyone had thoughts on any of the things that I described.  Thanks :)

Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Sometimes Dialogflow servers are very busy but if you use Google Assistance instead you can see Q.bo answering you very very fast ;) You have an email to be one of our Beta Testers for OpenQbo V2.0

ReplyQuote
(@sbondi)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the quick reply :)  And I am happy to join the Beta program :)

2 questions:

1.  How do I install the OpenQBO update? Copy the "QboWithQR.img" to the root folder of the SD card, and then restart the robot?

2. How do I switch to "Google Assistance"?  FYI, not knowing what it was, I had turned on the"enable questions" check box in ConfigQBO from the beginning.

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Please follow the instructions and links provided in the email we sent to you by our team.

ReplyQuote
(@sbondi)
Topic starter  

Yes, I posted only after reading the instructions, and was still confused:

”Download the latest version of OpenQbo onto your SD Card.  However, do make sure that you have a backup the old version of OpenQbo in a separate SD Card before format your unit.  The latest version of OpenQbo can be downloaded at the link below:

Turn on your Robot with the new version of OpenQbo.”

I suppose I must somehow use some utility to “image” the SD card with the disk image file downloaded.

Also, how do I turn on Google Assistance?

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

"I suppose I must somehow use some utility to “image” the SD card with the disk image file downloaded."

How do I install OpenQbo OS image onto an SD card?, Please follow the link provide:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/q-bo-one-your-open-source-personal-robot-assistant/x/16382690#/updates/36

ReplyQuote
(@sbondi)
Topic starter  

Ah, thanks :)

ReplyQuote
(@ronzelver)

Posted by: Qbo Robot

Sometimes Dialogflow servers are very busy but if you use Google Assistance instead you can see Q.bo answering you very very fast ;) You have an email to be one of our Beta Testers for OpenQbo V2.0

Hi, I would also like to participate as beta tester. Can you add me as well? 

ReplyQuote
(@sbondi)
Topic starter  

I successfully installed the Beta (thanks for all the help), and am happy to get the new QR feature, better head tracking, and even seems to be a later version of Raspberry Pi OS with higher resolution remote screen access! :)

It also seems to have cleaner Google Assistance Support which I believe is no longer compatible with the instructions on this forum.

FYI, before loading the beta, I followed the 1-year-old instructions on this forum, only to end up not being able to authorize my credentials - error 500 :(

So are there newer instructions to obtain the “GAssistant Token”?

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Posted by: ronzelver

You will receive an email soon. Thank You!

ReplyQuote
(@ronzelver)

I have not received anything yet (and I also checked my spam folders)?!?

ReplyQuote
Qbo Robot
(@nonogrub)
Member Admin

Posted by: ronzelver

I have not received anything yet (and I also checked my spam folders)?!?

Hi Ron,

please follow the instructions provide in our Blog.

http://thecorpora.com/openqbov2/

Thnx

ReplyQuote
Share: