Clear all

Added initial vertical headposition

4 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  

For those who put Q.bo on a high table and attempting to have him find and track your head, the initial vertical headposition was way too high when Q.bo was not on the ground. I don't know who has the body of Q.bo already but for those who haven't the body with wheels (like me), you put Q.bo on a table. But he starts up and initially looks at the ceiling instead of the level where a normal person's head is.

I've added a new configuration parameter 'Starting Head Position' (headYPosition) which can be set to 'Down' (for on a table), 'Medium' (original default - way too high for on a table) or 'Up' (looking up - whoever needs this).

The changes are in patch-2 (./PiFaceFast.py) and patch-3 (./web/panel/forms/config_form.py) (and it also requires a part of the corrected QBO_Installer.sh in patch-1 (./scripts/QBO_Installer.sh).

This topic was modified 5 years ago by chrisbuy
This topic was modified 4 years ago by chrisbuy

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium
Email christian.buysschaert@gmail.com

Rob
(@rob)

Still not working for me :( sent you another facebook message, not sure what im doing wrong

ReplyQuote
chrisbuy
(@chrisbuy)
Topic starter  

Confirmed through chat. It does work! Definitively works on the latest Q.Bo v3.0 release.

--
Christian Buysschaert
Leuven - Belgium
Email christian.buysschaert@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
(@romeo)

https://www.amazon.com/ROBOTICS-EDUCATION-CODING-English-version/dp/B0BRMT29KC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3HLX2FOV83UZV&keywords=qbo+coding+for+stem&qid=1679435736&s=books&sprefix=qbo+coding+for+stem%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C195&sr=1-1

I advise you to read my textbook to implement Q.BO STEM or Q.BO One at the latest version, with which you can also make it play with chat-gpt.

ReplyQuote
Share: